SALES ENGINEER/TECHNICAL SALES
Meets or exceeds sales objectives of assigned territory or customer segment by promoting and
selling Alpha Gear products through professional sales techniques, product service, and
1. Generate new business and maintain existing accounts in assigned territory through direct
and affiliate channels.
2. Meet and exceed sales targets.
3. Target A. B. C accounts by present and potential dollars of revenues/profits, cost to sell,
and service, and probability of success.
4. Meet the required sales calls objectives.
5. Follow up on all leads generated by various marketing efforts.
6. Identify potential growth areas.
7. Conduct customer training and education seminars.
8. Collect intelligence information on market conditions, competitive information, industry
requirements, products, and customer requirements and expectations. Use this information to
develop business development plans.
9. Become a strategic business partner with customers by understanding their requirements,
operations, technology, markets, and being their solutions, technical, and service provider.
10. Continually learn about the applications of existing and new products.
11. Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
12. Develop positive, constructive relationships with internal customers.
Critical Success Factors
1. Attention to detail.
2. Dedicated to exceeding the expectations & requirements of customers.
3. Deals effectively with one’s authority, knows when to get others involved, works well in
being independent and will raise concerns over organizational issues for its betterment.
4. Provides information people need and is timely with the information.
5. Initiates action in helping projects, ideas and people to be successful.
6. Motivated to do more than is required and generates ideas.
7. Performs responsibilities with integrity, follows established protocol and rules.
8. Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably, displays intellectually capabilities in
picking up on technical things quickly and is able and motivated to learn new skills.
9. Skilled negotiator, especially in tough situations, can effectively settle differences, has
a good sense of timing.
10. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, uses resources
effectively and efficiently.
11. Persuasive in successfully selling ideas and developing sales strategies.
12. Spends time on what’s important, quickly zeros in on critical issues, eliminates
roadblocks to priority settings and creates a focused time management approach.
13. Utilizes an effective communication approach in explaining the features of our products
and is able to develop a successful selling methodology.
14. Demonstrate a “solutions/service provider” approach in helping their customers with their
1. BBE, EE degree and a minimum of 5 years in technical sales.
2. General knowledge of automation systems, and machinery.
3. Significant travel in assigned territory
4. Meet the essential functions and critical success factors of this position