The Pinnacle Corporation has an immediate opening for Inside Sales/Business Development
This critical management role builds market position of industry leading company providing
software to convenience retailers and petroleum marketers by locating, developing, defining,
and negotiating business relationships as well as providing team leadership to Inside Sales
Team/Business Development Organization.
Successful Applicants will:
* Determine accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures;
implementing immediate recruitment strategies to build new team, selection, orientation,
training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning,
monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; reviewing performance strategies.
* Direct business development organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis,
and recommendations to functional strategic thinking and direction. Works with internal
Marketing and Sales Teams to transition accounts effectively and provide input to product
* Direct business development operational strategies by analyzing trends; preparing critical
measurements; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-sales strategies;
using internal resources in resolving problems; implementing change.
* Implement business development financial strategies by anticipating requirements, trends,
and variances; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective
* Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and
announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments. Communicate these
to internal Marketing Team.
* Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and
exploring opportunities. Work with internal Marketing resources to identify and advance
opportunities through traditional and non-traditional marketing tactics.
* Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements,
potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities. Assist in
closing of new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing contract terms;
integrating contract requirements with business operations.
* Develop inside sales strategies and positions by studying company strategies and operations;
examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
*Manage existing account opportunities both personally and through direction of staff towards
increased sales and account penetration incorporating a land and expand philosophy.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and internal training
courses. Also through product intimacy and use of internal resources such as product
documentation and knowledge base.
*Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different
requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Applicants should consider these requirements before applying:
Experience with cold calling is required.
Prospecting skills, selling to customer needs and closing skills are required.
Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Outlook is our
contact manager and a strong knowledge is required.
Inside Sales Management experience is preferred.
Account management experience preferred.
Knowledge of convenience retail, petroleum marketing, or general retail is preferred.
Accounting knowledge, experience a plus. Experience with technology sales a plus.
High level of energy and professionalism required.
Advanced presentation skills required and experience making presentations to professionals a
plus. Adequate written and oral communications skills required and tested during interview
Light travel is possible. This position is not eligible for policy 3.96 Travel Time Off.